Thursday, December 1, 2011

Update/Trip to the Zoo

It was brought to my attention today that I have been seriously slacking in the blog department. Sorry! Not completely my fault tho--our computer really started acting up before we left NC, and it wouldn't let me upload pictures to here, and what fun are blog posts with out pictures?


And, I have been a bit busy since Bud left. :) Between the kid, the dog, keeping up with the house and packing for a 6 week trip, I haven't had all that much free time!

Bud is doing great...he sent me a couple pictures a couple weeks ago that I will post tomorrow (PROMISE). I will give you a better update on him tomorrow.

Claire and I are doing well. We are enjoying our time in MN, and Claire is soaking up all the attention. Unlike her mother, she looooves to have people to entertain. She hates when I leave the room, but as long as I am in there, she is a little social butterfly. It is quite hysterical. She is officially a walking, talking toddler. She is so incredibly busy, and cracks me up all day long. She is making this deployment fly by and I am so thankful for her.

On to our trip to the zoo. Before we left North Carolina, we had been keeping busy with a lot of the wives and children of the guys in Bud's section. There are a lot of children between all of us, and we all get along quite well. It is really great to have this support system of women around me who understand what I am going through.

Anyway, one morning, Courtney, Jaci and I and our 4 kids decided to check out the 'zoo' that is just outside town. I say 'zoo' because, growing up where I did, the MN Zoo was the zoo I went to, and it is hard to compare I guess. Small town zoos just aren't the same! The kids had a blast anyway, and towards the end, the owner brought out a few animals for the kids to feed and touch. Claire wasn't too into it, but Cayden and Leila (both 2) loved it! Here are a few pictures....



This poor goat...Cayden kept chasing him, and he did not appreciate it!


This turtle was enormous! Leila loved it, but Claire REFUSED to touch it.



We thought we could get all 3 kids to touch the turtle and what a cute picture that would be to send to their daddies...Claire had other plans!



Best picture of the 3 big kids

(Connor was in the stroller)

No comments:

Post a Comment