Sunday, May 2, 2010

Thanks, Tim!

Almost a year ago, my father in law made Bud and I two shadow boxes for the flags that Bud flew in Iraq for us. He was able to fly them over the base for a day while deployed. We decided to try and make it a tradition, so we have something from each deployment to display. The shadow boxes are ridiculously priced at craft stores, so I knew just the person to ask to make them for us. :)

Even though I have had them for a year, I just got around to putting one together tonight. We can't rush these things. I finally decided today was the day and had Bud choose the 4 coins he wanted in with the flag and certificate and put it together while dinner was in the oven.


I am so excited to finally have this put together and be able to hang it up. Now the question is where...it took me 2 months to hang anything in this house, so don't hold your breath that it will be up anytime soon. Bud hasn't decided exactly what he wants to put in with the other flag, so we will only have the one hanging in the house for now.

This flag was from his deployment in 2007...those of you who know me well should be impressed that I knew exactly where this all was considering the amount of moves it has been through since then!

1 comment: