Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, Monday.....

After laying in bed all day yesterday due to a migraine, I was determined to get a lot done in the house today. Since I have been so exhausted lately, I am quite behind on chores. I got one load of dishes going in the dishwasher, got the floor swept, carpet vaccumed and then made a phone call to one of my favorite little girls....

I hadn't talked to Jessica or Jenna on the phone since I left NC, so I thought it was time to catch up with them. (For those who don't know--Jenna is the little girl I watched in NC, and her mom and I are great friends). Jessica picked up and immediatley I heard, "HI EMMY!!!" This conversation made my entire week. Jess put me on speakerphone, so Jenna took the phone from her and talked to me for about 45 minutes. She carried the phone around the house showing me her bed, her pink blankie, her books, her baby brother, the fireplace, the windows....you get the idea. :) Anytime Jess would ask for the phone we would hear, "NO, MY Emmy!" At one point, she even took the phone to her blankie, layed down and said, "Emmy, snuggle." Jenna (and the rest of her family) is 100% a part of our family, and we both miss her dearly. It was SO great to talk to her today...when Bud came home he said I had a twinkle in my eye. :)

Last week, I bought a book called 'The Belly Book.' It's got a place to put a picture of my belly every week and some fun questions to go along with it all. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but am really looking forward to starting to add things to that book. I think it is going to be one of my standard "Welcome to Mommyhood" gifts now...the book is so cute!

Bud got 100% on his test again today. But, he has a really tough one on Friday, so keep him in your thoughts!

I should get off the computer and get dinner goin....Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment