Sunday, April 3, 2011

Twins (finally) WIN! and Mommy's Day Out


My mom sent an adorable little Twins outfit for Claire to wear on opening day....unfortunately it didn't bring them luck, but they did finally win again, so hooray! Mommy, Daddy and Claire were all ready for opening day but we did not get a family picture, so I will just give you a few of the cutest member of the family. :)



I had a very good day on Saturday. I finally decided it was time for me to get out of the house and I went with a friend to get a pedicure, and then Bud and I had our first night out in a very, very long time. It was also our first night out alone since Claire was born. We had been out a few other times, but they were all with other people. We went out to dinner, and it was so, so nice. The only picture I got of that day is my pretty toes, so sorry if you don't like feet! :)


Bud is packing tonight to head to the field for about a week. It will be the first time he is away from Claire, but it will be good for all of us to "practice" being apart. I have been alone by myself and with Lacey, but never alone with Claire for more than a night. We will all be fine, and it is really great for Bud to get to spend some time with his team leader before they leave. EOD works in teams of 2-team leader and team member. This week long field exercise is to build that relationship and make sure the team can work well together. These next few months are going to be full of things like this, and while I don't necessarily like it, I would never complain. This training is all very important and could potentially save his life. We have been apart for 7 months at a time, 3 times, a week will be a breeze...right? We have been very spoiled, and Bud has not left for more than 5 or 6 days since August 2009.... Time to go help Bud pack so we can get to bed before midnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment