Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Chaos Part 2

So sorry for the delay in action here--I may or may not have forgotten (twice) that I was supposed to be continuing this series of posts. Oops.




My mom's side of the family has a tradition of getting together on Christmas Eve and then again on Christmas morning for Todd's famous omelets. This year was no exception.



We started Christmas Eve with naps and then got the girls dressed in their matching dresses. Yup...my sister and I got our girls matching dresses, and oh my goodness they were cute!


This is about as good as it got in trying to get a picture of the girls. Claire was distracted with something, and Lainey really didn't want to look up from her awesome shoes.


Me and my girls...we had to take a pictures for Bud. Besides the fact that I'm the only one looking at the camera, I think it turned out great. :)



I have a picture of just me and Claire from Christmas last year, and decided we should take one every year with her in her Christmas dress. It's amazing to me how different she looks this year from last year!

Yes, we also got them matching jammies! :) I love these girls! Claire gets a little (okay, a lot) jealous when I hold Lainey.


Reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" from the 1960's....the book was my moms and I read it to Claire last year as well--another tradition I want to keep.
After a busy night of opening presents with family, playing with cousins and eating really yummy food, it was time to sleep in our matching jammies. Oh, I may have forgotten to mention that since my sister and I made our girls match, my mom decided she and I should have matching pjs too! We did not get a picture of all four of us...darn. ;)

Best part of Christmas morning breakfast at Todd and Tammy's? We all wear our jammies! It is a great way to start the busy day, and the omelets never dissapoint.

Auntie Sarah and Claire bear got some snuggles in before heading out for breakfast.

My pretty girl. :)


Later that day, we headed to Bud's Granny's house for dinner and presents, but I forgot my camera so don't have any pictures. Claire finally showed a bit of her cranky side that night--she was such a trooper until then, but she had just had enough!


This was a really great Christmas with one huge piece missing---it just wasn't the same with out Bud. I had to try really hard to not be a Grinch about it all, and it wasn't easy. I just felt like we had already celebrated Christmas with him and I really didn't want to do it again. Thankfully I have Claire to make me do things I don't necessarily want to do. We really did enjoy our time with our extended family, I am always amazed at how much that little girl is loved.


From my family to yours, we hope you all had a great holiday filled with time with the ones you love.


{{I do realize I said I would do this in 3 posts, but since there are no pictures from Hiepler Christmas I decided to just make it 2, because who wants a post with out pictures?!?}}

No comments:

Post a Comment