Saturday, July 31, 2010

Projects!

Bud headed to Minnesota on Thursday with Lacey, so I have been trying to fill my time with projects that need to be done.

Friday after work I headed to Destin with my friend Suzanne to look for some things for the baby's room. I found a few things, but haven't hung anything yet. I also started painting her changing table--which let me tell you, is so frustrating. The furniture we got isn't a true white, it's an off white. So, I had to try and find a paint color that matched as close as possible--I thought I had found an almost perfect match, but I am on coat 2, and it looks NOTHING like the other furniture. I'm not so thrilled about that. I am hoping my next coat tomorrow will make it look at least CLOSE to the other furniture....but I'm not holding my breath.

Tonight I got one cupboard cleaned out to make room for bottles! That desperatly needed to be done--when we moved here, I kind of just threw things in cupboards thinking we would only be here for 7ish months. So, it was good to get at least one of them organized.

My goals for the rest of the week are to finish up in the baby's room, clean the tile floors, hang pictures in the bedroom, work on the baby book and a few other odds and ends.

I will post pictures after we get back from my showers...Bud took the camera, so I can't take any until we are home!

Normally I would treat myself to a glass (or 2) of wine while doing all this work....but since I can't do that, I am off to make some popcorn and add some M&M's. YUM. Sarah taught me this trick way back when she lived in the dorms and I visited...if you haven't tried it, you should. :)

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I love popcorn and m&ms's! I don't remember this event you speak of though... I have a terrible memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with all your projects! i'll be planning some of my own while hub's on the TAVB for the next three weeks! miss you!

    ReplyDelete