Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Birthdays!

We went to MN for 2 weeks in early August.  We were able to go to two very special birthday parties while we were there...my grandma's 85th and my niece's 1st!!

 Claire had so much fun playing with her cousins at the park where we had Grandma's party.  They watched her like a hawk and were never more than about a foot away from her at all times. :) It was very sweet.
 Grandma and most of her great grandchildren!

My mom put together the party for my grandma and it was so great to see almost all of my family while we were in town.  The weather was SO beautiful that day--just like my grandma likes it. We had a great afternoon celebrating her!

The next weekend we headed down to Iowa to be with sweet Lainey on her FIRST birthday!  Lainey had an ice cream parlor set up in her living room and it was so fun and a perfect way to celebrate such a sweet girl!  This was the first time my entire family had been together since Christmas 2010 (thank you, Marine Corps), so it was very nice to have all of us in one place.  I asked Claire who she wanted to go to for this picture and she said Sarah, so we just switched babies. :)  Claire LOVES her Sarah, we hear about her at least once a day around here!


 Claire found the dirt!  She was such a mess when she was done playing, but was very proud of herself!
Claire and Lainey (and the two peanuts on the way) have the best Gramma and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment