Friday, October 14, 2011

Here we go.....



It has been almost two weeks since we said good bye to our favorite guy. We are starting to get into a little bit of a routine, but all the girls in this house are really missing our Marine. Claire has been a little whiny and not sleeping well, Lacey won't really eat and has decided she can now lay on the couch, and I am just plain ole tired. Having all the responsibilites rest on my shoulders for 7 months is a little bit daunting. I still feel like I am just waiting for a couple weeks to be over, and then he will be back. Just like he is in the field. Unfortunately, the field he is in is NOT just down the road!

I have talked to Bud a few times, and each time it is so nice to hear his voice. I missed his call yesterday and was pretty teary the rest of the day. I just really, really miss him. Seven months isn't THAT long, right?!?

So, anyway, as we start getting used to life this way I will really try to blog some more. I need to update you all on Claire's birthday party, her walking, standing up, etc.


A lot of the wives and kids from Bud's section got together tonight and went to dinner and pumpkin patch. It was so fun to catch up with everyone and see that we are all in the same boat, just taking it all day by day. We all agreed that we could each use a wife. :) I will post some pictures from tonight soon.

I promise I will update again soon, so check back in a few days for lots of pictures from Claire's Birthday party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment