Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

Claire and I had a great Easter weekend. We started early with a great package from Grammy. She is the best about sending boxes when we need a good pick me up. Claire had some great surpises, but her favorite were these Minnie Mouse bubbles. As you can see, she was SO excited about them!

The Easter Bunny came agan this year, and Claire got a new movie, a couple books, and a couple other little things.
Silly face while opening presents.
WOW! was Claire's favorite word while opening this year. Minnie Mouse bath toys are the best!

My sweet girl in her Easter outfit.



Jaci, Cayden and Mason.

For those of you who don't talk to me often, Jaci is one of the main reasons I made it through this deployment. She is an amazing friend, her boys are so sweet, and she deals with Claire and I with a smile on her face. I am so thankful for her. She is an exceptionally strong woman, and she proved that when she had Mason. Mason was born about a month ago, while our husbands were in Afghanistan. I watched Cayden, her mom was by her side, and she had this baby with out her husband. Can you imagine? I can't. I have watched her go from worrying about how she would do this to mastering her two boys while all by herself and I am so proud of her. Tonight while we were out to dinner, we were talking about how close Mason is to meeting his Daddy. She said to me, "He doesn't even know his voice." I had a hard time keeping it together. He doesn't. He knows my voice more than his daddy's. These next few weeks can not go fast enough. We need our husbands back, our kids need their daddy, and even more important than that, Mason needs to MEET his daddy. I can't wait to watch that moment.

Me and my sweet girl. Pardon my WHITE legs.

These two are the best of friends, as is evident in this picture. Cayden adores Claire, and Claire pretty much thinks he is the best thing ever. She laughs at him like no one else and loves to give him hugs and kisses. They are wonderful play mates, and get very excited to see each other.

This was our last holiday with out Bud. Thank, God. I can't even explain how thankful I am for everyone's thought and prayers and the fact that I will see my husband in just a few weeks. Video chatting is wonderful, but just another reminder of how much I miss him.

Stay tuned for more updates, and in just a few weeks, seeing our family TOGETHER again.

I CAN NOT wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment